Surely on some occasions, you have not reached your purpose with someone because you have not used more adequate communication. It has happened to me. And it is that the absence of good communication prevents us from entering the world of others, reaching them, knowing them, knowing the reasons why they act, and establishing quality relationships.
However, communicating effectively has many advantages, for me, the seven most notable are the following:
1. Make our point of view known with total clarity, so that the interlocutor gets a perfectly clear and concrete idea of the information that you want to convey; without giving rise to confusion or misinterpretation.
2. It allows influencing and transmitting attitudes in the interlocutor that will later be translated into actions or behaviors. This objective is achieved by presenting the information in a way that encourages action or change of disposition. A good communicator will not only master the technique of information transmission, but also the generation of concerns and desires that motivate the receiver.
3. Provides a positive idea of ourselves, which is transmitted to the interlocutor through the knowledge of the topics presented, the way they are presented, and the personal attitudes expressed. All these indicators support the credibility not only of the information and arguments but also of the issuer itself.
4. It encourages the knowledge of others, since, through effective listening, it is possible to participate in ideas, opinions, knowledge, etc. From other people, while we gain the ability to form fairly well-founded judgments about ourselves. In this way, it is possible to have a greater number of criteria to make more accurate decisions. On the other hand, it provides us with information that allows us to adapt the proposals to others in order to obtain their adherence to our ideas.
5. Achieve positive interactions between communication participants. Eliminating misunderstandings and false interpretations create a positive and favorable climate for human relationships. This fact is promoted when the recognition and appreciation of the ideas of the interlocutor are practiced and it makes him feel valuable through listening, attention, and interest in his opinions or manifestations.
6. It favors the boss-employee relations and allows a greater rapprochement between both, achieving greater professional effectiveness at work and personal satisfaction. It also contributes to creating more productive, efficient, and quality work environments, since positive interactions between people who have to work together are encouraged, making teamwork go from being a theory to becoming a reality. They significantly improve contacts with customers and suppliers and favor negotiations and agreements inherent to the dynamics of work.
7. It contributes to making relationships fluid in any of the areas in which we usually operate. The quality of relationships between people depends on the quality of their communication.
The ability to carry out correct communication develops over time and is a process that requires awareness, responsibility, and action to put what has been learned into practice.